Tuesday, 27 November 2007

"Every day in every way, my a** is getting smaller."


This is the mantra recommended in the book Skinny Bitch. I love it! Here's the lowdown on how to be a skinny bitch:

No smoking.
No booze.
No sodas.
No coffee.
No meat.
No dairy.
No over-the-counter remedies for every sniffle.
No conventional beauty products.
No conventional junk food.
No sitting on your ass.

Hey, who are these nazi vegans and what have they done with all the fun in life? Well, they're not that bad. You can have:

Organic red wine, if it's free of sulfites and additives, occasionally.
Herbal teas.
Every fruit, vegetable, whole grain and other edible item that grows up from the soil of the good earth.
'Healthy junk food'. (More on that later.)
Your body's natural healing process.
Natural, organic beauty products.
Exercise.

So see, what's wrong with that? According to the book, the perfect skinny bitch day would start with fresh fruit and herbal tea for breakfast, continue with a giant salad of fresh greens and raw vegetables for lunch, and finish with a dinner of a vegan protein source, whole grains or starchy vegetables, and of course more fresh vegetables in a rainbow of colours. Any snacks in between would consist of whole, natural items or a product made of organic whole ingredients. The second mantra of the skinny bitches is 'Read the label.' If it's got any sort of refined sugar, animal product or chemical in it, don't eat it. There are no restrictions on the use of cold-pressed, organic oils, such as olive and coconut oil, or of eating nuts and seeds. Of course, you'd want to keep those balanced because of the high calorie content, but I seriously think if you ate this clean even most of the time, you couldn't help but lose weight even if you ate oil and nuts fairly liberally. Since the authors aren't 'perfect skinny bitches' their book makes recommendations for a heartier breakfast with grains, etc, and bigger lunches, plus snack ideas. And they have a new book coming out (which I've already ordered) 'Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.'

So that's the skinny bitch plan. I'm sure they won't mind if I help spread the word!

May all beings be at ease.


Sounds good to me!

3 comments:

Morandia said...

Hmmm.... for me that would be way too DRASTIC! I have to take baby steps. I think the "no coffee" and "no dairy" would be the hardest.

Carla said...

Well, obviously it isn't that drastic for me. I've been eating a vegan diet for coming up on four years. Cutting out refined sugar and lots of processed things is the real challenge. And I have already decided I'm giving up the coffee. I drink it black, anyway.

Dairy is just nasty. The whole concept of dairy is WRONG! What's natural and wholesome about consuming the breast milk of another species? I mean, what other animal does that? Ick!

Carla said...

I'm meant to say I'm NOT giving up the coffee. Typing too fast.