Sunday, 9 December 2007

Before and after photos

Anna's blog inspired me to post some before and after photos. I first started trying to get control of my eating in December 2003, so I'm posting some photos of me from that time. Then some photos of me after a few years of eating vegan and exercising regularly.


This photo was taken in autumn 2003. In 2001, I lost from 215 to 175. By the time this photo was taken, I was back up to 195 pounds.


Christmas 2003. It was at this time that I decided that as soon as Christmas was over, I would start trying to lose weight. After we returned from a holiday in Austria, I started the Weight Watchers at Home program, which I did. We went vegan in November 2004.



February 2005, French Quarter New Orleans. I was vegan, but had not yet started to work out. In this picture, I weighed about 155 pounds. I brought home my first Firm workouts and the Fanny Lifter that trip. It opened up a whole new world for me.



May 2007, Ludlow, Shropshire. I weighed about 135 pounds here. I had been a whole foods vegan for nearly three years, and had been working out 5 or 6 times a week for over two years.



And here's another from summer 2007, about 133 pounds.

My goals for 2008 are to get lean enough to really see the musculature of my arms, which are still a bit gooshy over the muscle. Same with my abs. They're rock hard under a layer of goosh. It's only a thin layer, but I'd like it gone. I'll never look like Jari Love (bless her incredibly lean self!) but I can keep working on it!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow Carla, what a transformation! Way to go!

I like that you're smiling and healthy-looking in *all* the photos. So often you see "before" photos where the person looks miserable, unfashionable and poorly-lit ... as if the weight loss & new muscle isn't enough transformation, or as if heavy people are never happy.

Morandia said...

You look fabulous in all of the photos! But then again, I've always liked you just the way you are! As long as you are happy with yourself and healthy, that's all that matters.

*HUG*

Fat-Free Vegan said...

Love the pictures!! I can't wait to have dramatic 'after' pictures myself. You look amazing!

They call him James Ure said...

That is awesome. You dedication is inspiring. A big CONGRATS!!! Keep up the great work. I bet you feel great!!