Sunday, 13 January 2008

A film, a book and a whole lotta junk food!


This weekend we had house guests and we all went to see Will Smith's I Am Legend in Coventry. I've been a fan of the book for years, have fond if lukewarm feelings about the Charleton Heston version, 'Omega Man', and have always loved Will Smith. I have been looking forward to this film for months. Overall, I enjoyed it. Will Smith's performance outshone the material by far. I was going to write a review, but this one is so spot on that I'll just provide a link. Dead right. I personally give the movie 3.5 stars--the extra half star is for Smith's performance.

The book is a copy of the new edition of the No Diet Diet. Mark and I are starting this on Tuesday. I will blog about it daily!

And finally, the whole lotta junk food. What didn't I eat! We had chocolate cookies, cheese puffs, onion rings, peanuts, cashews, white wine. Pizza for dinner (albeit homemade vegan pizza for DH and me.) No way am I getting on the scale for a few days! DH and I did get up early on Saturday morning and did Cathe's Biceps & Triceps workout from the Slow & Heavy series. I have been so sore today! That one really got me right in the triceps and in my back!

May all beings be at ease.

1 comment:

Derek said...

It was a good fun weekend! Nice to hang out with Mark and Mandy, have a day out in Cov, and seeing enjoying the film. Shame they changed the emphasis of Robert Neville's "legendary" status. Oh well. The CGI was ok but nothing amazing. I agree, they should have used actors instead. Oh well.

Next film!(for me, it will be "Aliens v Predator" next weekend.)