Friday, 11 January 2008


That's not me (ha ha!), that's Cathe Friedrich. Look at those arms. Oh, man. So far we have done two of the three workouts from Cathe's Slow & Heavy series. Last night it was Legs & Shoulders. I used my barbell with all the weights on for squats. It was the first time I've ever done that. To be honest, I think I should have used heavier dumbbells to pre-exhaust my legs beforehand. Even though I used all the weight I've got, my legs are not sore this morning. My fully assembled barbell weighs 18kg (That's just under 40 pounds.) That's respectable, as Cathe uses a 50lb barbell. But she pre-exhausts with much heavier weights. I'll know better for next time, and maybe I need to order additional weights for my barbell set. I also didn't have a heavy enough dumbbell for the plie squats. Cathe holds one 40 pound dumbbell. My heaviest dumbbell is only 8kg (17.6 lbs). I will have to figure out some way to increase the weight on that one.

Anyway, I enjoyed the workout. I like the Slow & Heavy style! Trouble is, since I've always done the low resistance/high repetition style training, I don't have heavy enough weights! Must figure out something...

Oh, testosterone envy here! Hubby has been working out with me for a grand total of 4 weeks (as opposed to my nearly three years) and his muscles are as developed as mine already. So not fair! :) Not that I'd like to be a guy, but I sure wish it wasn't so dang hard for a girl to build the beauty muscles!

May all beings be at ease.

No comments: