Friday, 28 March 2008

Be still my heart



Could coffee and chocolate be the culprits in my recent fluttery chest syndrome? I have been told from several sources that coffee and chocolate can cause heart palpitations. Thinking back over Easter, I drank at least twice as much coffee as normal for me per day, and ate a lot of chocolate. I am going to the health food store today to buy more of that Barley Cup coffee substitute I tried a few months ago. If coffee is the culprit, I certainly don't want to drink it anymore no matter how wonderful it is. I HATE this fluttery feeling. It is scary.

I have an appointment to see the doctor today and will find out what her thoughts are. I will also ask about my long-awaited appointment to see a consultant about my hearing, as I have not yet received any communication from the hospital about it. Stupid NHS!

4 comments:

Morandia said...

Hmmm.... coffee and chocolate could be the culprits. You can always go for decaf coffee.... not sure about giving up chocolate though.

keep me posted on the Dr.

Derek said...

yes, dealing with the "No Hope System" is a draining experience. Still, at the least the replacement tea is nice!
x

Anonymous said...

I say ditch the coffee, but I've never really been a coffee drinker...only when absolutely necessary (like a 2 yo up all night). Anyway, I wanted to drop in and say hello. Sorry to be a stranger, but I think of you often. Tawanda

Fat-Free Vegan said...

I have never been a coffee drinker, so I don't understand the desire for it really. I don't care for the taste. The only time I want one is when it's cold and I'm feeling sick. When you have the flu a hot cup of coffee goes down nice. But I have to add soy milk and sugar! LOL

Hope you're over your flutters!