Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Nothing left now but the waitin'


The interview was today and I think it went very well. There's only one worry now. If they offer it to me, they will expect me to have my driving licence by October 'at the latest'. I am not entirely confident that I will have it by then, but I have been thinking about it and have the vague outlines of a plan.

If they don't offer me the job, I will continue as I am, taking lessons at a reluctant pace and working on my ECDL.

If they do offer me the job, I have already contacted Learn Direct to ask about going on a hiatus until November and I can sign an agreement to do that. So I will freeze ECDL where it is and get in contact with DH's old driving instructor to line up two lessons a week for the foreseeable future. I will also go out driving every day with DH for practice. In addition, as soon as I've had my first lesson with DH's instructor, I will book my theory test and study for it in earnest. I will have roughly 20 weeks to get it done; that would be 40 lessons plus with daily practice, about 100 hours practice time. Surely that will be enough to get me to test-passing level. In any event, if I am offered the job I have no choice. I have to do it.

I'm not nervous about being able to do the job. I know I can do it! It's just the driving licence that is freaking me out. I'm going to have a good think about the proper flower essence treatment for my anxiety through this process, and also continue with my daily sitting meditation.

Speaking of meditation, I've been using Mantra Girl's 'Truth' CD lately. My favourite mantra lately has been 'Ek Ong Kar'. It goes like this:

EK ONG KAR SAT NAM SIRI WAHEY GURU


I have found a good explanation of the mantra here: Ek Ong Kar Meditation. And Mantra Girl (her real name is Erin Kamler) does sing it just as described. The mantra repeats for about 8 minutes, and it is wonderful to do in the morning. I follow that with a few minutes silent meditation following the breath. Lovely stuff!

2 comments:

Fat-Free Vegan said...

Can I ask what it is about getting your driver's license there that is so challenging for you? You've accomplished so much and to me, this is just one more thing that I know you can do, so I'm not worried about it. Is it because it's been a while since you've driven?

It was hard for me to change from 20 years of driving on the right to suddenly driving on the left. It was more of a challenge than I thought it would be, but I tackled it immediately when I moved here, so maybe that helped. If I'm not mistaken, you haven't been driving for some time, right?

Anyway, your weight loss journey was inspiring to me, and I know you can achieve this goal as well. :)

Carla said...

It's just a mental block, really. All in my head. I will overcome it.