Monday, 30 June 2008

Out on the open road...



I intend to add more detail later, but thought I'd announce DH and I just got home from our first 'car tour' of England. We went to see his parents in Gorleston-on-Sea, and decided to work in some stops to pretty little towns we would never attempt to get to by train because it's just too much time and money and effort. This weekend we stopped in Southwold, Beccles and Bury St Edmunds, and all of them were wonderful...and none of them were even out of our way! We really enjoyed the beautiful weather and seeing towns that always make us say in unison, 'Why do we live in Nuneaton?' (Of course, there were a few minutes that were a bit fraught, like when I freaked out half-way up the lighthouse in Southwold and had to go back down again, and when we missed our turning on the A14 and had to go back to Cambridge to turn around...just a few raised voices and minor contusions, nothing to worry about!)

It occurred to us that we could do this sort of thing every weekend--just pick an A road and stop in any lovely little town or interesting attraction along the way. Oh, the possibilities. Derek was practically chanting, 'I love my car, I love my car, I love my car!'

More detail soon, with photos!

May all beings be at ease.

1 comment:

Morandia said...

woohoo! road trip!!!!! yea... why do you live there???? there are plenty of beautiful places!! Arkansas is nice.... *GRIN*