Thursday, 10 July 2008

Nap time!



Hubby and I have made a new policy that as soon as we get in each evening, we have a 30-minute lie down before we do anything else. No TV, no computer, no exercise, no snacks, just go stretch out and lie there. We never really sleep, but it's very refreshing to have good long lie down doing absolutely nothing. We might talk a little, but not about anything serious. It's rest time. I've been playing Deva Premal's 'Dakshina' during this time, so we often just lie there and listen to that. I am going to look into other relaxation CDs as well. So many of them sound like elevator music and I don't find that relaxing at all. If you have any recommendations, please let me know!

Overall, I think this is a practice we are going to keep forever. It's great to just snuggle up and rest for a few minutes each day.

May all beings be at ease.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

This is a wonderful idea! I'd love to try this at our home. I've been reading your blog for a little while and have found it so inspiring. :)

Morandia said...

love the idea! and LOVE the dog photo! hehe...

Derek said...

I've absolutely *loved* having our naps after getting in from work! I cannot recommend this "siesta" enough! I think we've felt a lot better since adopting this practice, after all, a typical working day can zap us out...

oh, and the piccy of the dog is wonderful!