Thursday, 24 July 2008

Review: Wall-E



I knew I was going to love this film when the screen lit up with stars and planets in space, and the voice of Michael Crawford singing:

Out there
There's a world outside of Yonkers
Way out there beyond this hick town
Barnaby
There's a slick town
Barnaby
Out there
Full of shine and full of sparkle
Close your eyes and see it glisten
Barnaby
Listen, Barnaby...
Put on your Sunday clothes
There's lots of world out there
Get out the Brillantine and dime cigars
We're gonna find adventure in the evening air



I was hooked from the very start!

And I was going to write a review of this film, but I just found one that says exactly what I want to say about it, so please go read it:

One of the Best Sci-Fi Movies in Years, Disguised as a Cartoon

2 comments:

Morandia said...

wasn't it great?????? I loved that movie!

Mark said...

I loved WALL-E and I want to see it again. It is such an endearing, wonderful film. Although as the review notes it has a melancholy note, I came out the pictures with a big smile on my face, feeling really happy :-)