Friday, 5 September 2008

Curses, failed again.

I just spent 2 hours of my life trying to make homemade tofu. It didn't work out.

I am not to be deterred, however. I intend to learn how to make tofu! To be honest, I feel a bit guilty about the amount of water I've wasted washing up all the pots and pans in the house. Between the gas for cooking and the water for cleaning up, I'm not sure making homemade tofu is going to save me any money at all. But I still want to learn how to do it, though!

2 comments:

Morandia said...

how does one make tofu? I keep flashing back to a "bizarre foods" episode where he eats stinky tofu.... ewwww

Carla said...

WEll, in theory you make soy milk, which I can do, and then you set it by adding a coagulant, pour it in a mold, and let it be. But mine just went all grainy, and while it did form a block, it wasn't a tofu-like block. It was like a block made from very light wet sand. I was so discouraged!!