Monday, 22 September 2008

Ooh, my sins have caught up with me!


Much to my horror, I weighed 136.0 this morning, so I decided to check the measurements. Waist up to 28", hip 37.5". I didn't have the heart to take upper arms or thigh measurements. I can't kid myself anymore. This is definitely a weight gain, first really scary weight gain for a while. Dang!

So I'm going back to my old method of eating NOTHING at break time. I used to sit there for break and sip a glass of water while everyone else ate cakes, chocolates, biscuits, etc. I never ate a crumb. All day long I ate only my lunch. It didn't hurt me. My stomach never even used to growl. When I did decide to have a snack (usually on days when planned lunch was light), I would eat fruit. I'm going back to that. And I'm also going back to choosing the lowest fat options for dinner, rather than curries with coconut milk or full fat pesto sauces on pasta. I've been overindulgent in my food choices and pretty devil-may-care about snacks for the last 9 months, and it's finally caught up with me, most likely because my total workout time has been going down lately. I can't blame Jillian Michaels for what I decide to stuff my face with. That's my fault!

I MIGHT POSSIBLY post food intake here for a while. Feedback and encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I would dearly love to be back to 131 by Christmas, but at this point I'd at least like to get back to a solid 133-4ish and a waist of 26.5 and hip of 36.5, like it was before.

Stupid, stupid junk food! Arrgh!

4 comments:

Morandia said...

Snacks can be a very bad thing.... I'm trying to do better too, but we'll see. It's tough when everyone else is eating.

no coconut milk curries??? That's dedication.... geez....

Morandia said...

btw, don't let numbers rule your life. Be healthy and enjoy life. You know I love you the way you are!

Tess said...

You should probably make sure you eat regularly. Instead of having a larger lunch, split it up throughout the day. By the time you've waited to eat, you eat more because you're hungry, and your body is trying to get food. If you eat regularly you don't tend to get the panic sessions, and it's also better for your metabolism :)

Carla said...

I can eat regularly without eating every time I walk in the staff room.