Sunday, 28 September 2008

Post workout smoothie


Here's a good protein shake for right after a workout:

10 fl oz soy milk, sweetened or unsweetened (if using sweetened, you might omit the syrup)
1 banana
1 scoop 90% pea protein
1 tsp maple syrup
dash of vanilla extract

Blend until smooth. Drink greedily, with shaking hands and sweat pouring in your eyes. (Swearing under breath at what the instructor just put you through, optional.)

I find that after a workout that involves weights, I do need a snack to stop my hands shaking and to quell nausea. Smoothies work really well, but just a banana or bowl of muesli will also suffice.

What post workout snacks do you like?

1 comment:

Derek said...

I like using the chocolate weight gainer mix in the smoothie - I certainly need that! Banana is good in them, and as you know I've tried peach, and hope to try mango or raspberry soon. :)