Saturday, 4 October 2008

Mega Easy Vegetable Soup

You ever have half a jar of pasta sauce lurking in the fridge? A few vegetables languishing in the veg drawer? Try this:

Chop 1 small onion, 2 large carrots and 1 large-ish courgette (zucchini) into small dice. Saute them in a bit of olive oil until softened and beginning to brown. (Or use whatever veg you have!) Pour in the leftover pasta sauce plus enough water to make the soup as thin as you want. (I used 2.5 jars to .5 a jar of sauce). Season with black pepper and a bit more olive oil to give it that minestrone-sheen. I had a small bit of leftover wholewheat fusilli, so I threw that in as well. Heat through.

This made just enough soup for hubby and me to have 2 bowls each. Perfect quick light dinner. Only took about 15 minutes!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

that's a good idea! I typically don't use all the spaghetti sauce and by the time I notice, it's gone bad.