Thursday, 13 November 2008

6 Small Meals a Day, DAY ONE

1800 calories total

Meal 1--6.45 AM-- 1/2 cup soy yogurt, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana (blended together), 2 slices wholemeal toast, 1 cup Caro, 1 glass water

Meal 2--10.30 AM--1/2 cup short grain brown rice, 1/2 cup spring greens, 1/2 cup chick peas (all seasoned with smoky paprika)

Meal 3--1.00 PM--1 large red tomato sliced, leafy green salad, 1 Tbs salad dressing, 3 brown rice cakes

Meal 4--3.30 PM--a pear (I couldn't eat anymore than that!--I was supposed to eat the pear with meal 3 and then have what you see below as meal 4--but I was not hungry enough for it yet!)

Meal 5--5.30 &6.30 PM--1 small potato, 2 Tbs parmesano reggiano, 1/2 cup spring greens (all seasoned with basil and organo) I ate half of it when I got in, and finished it after my workout

Meal 6--1/2 cup roasted carrots, 1/2 a roasted red bell pepper, 1/2 cup quinoa, 4 oven chips

I've still got 2 fruits and a dairy and a couple of other portions left! I can't eat it all. I keep going over it to make sure I haven't got the count wrong. Wow. 1800 calories of real food is a lot. Or maybe it's that eating the right combination at the right time keeps you feeling full all day. At this point, I'm finding it hard to believe I can feel this full and still lose weight. Hope it works!

No comments: