Saturday, 17 January 2009

My birthday prezzie



I turn 42 on 27th January, and this is what I bought myself. No, not a defibrillator--a Polar F4 heartrate monitor!

I've wanted a HRM for a long time, but was always afraid of them, thinking the technology would be too confusing. But this simple HRM was easy to program straight out of the box, and for my needs, it's just fine! I used it last night to see how many calories I burned during my little Cardio Sculpt Blaster workout. (Actually, I did it just to test out the monitor!) I got my heart rate up to my target zone for a bit under 20 minutes, and burned 192 calories. That's not bad for a 30-minute workout that I consider intermediate. Can't wait to see how I do on one of the long, intense workouts!

1 comment:

Anna Down Under said...

Happy Birthday, and what a nice prezzie! My hubby bought me one a year or so ago, and I did use it for a while, but I found it hard to get a good reading sometimes because -- well -- when you have a rather large bosom it's hard to get the strap in the right position. LOL But I do hope you enjoy yours!