Wednesday, 8 April 2009

So hard

It looks like the daddy I knew is gone. I don't know if he's coming back. He's unconscious most of the time and the doctors say 10% chance of survival. He's had a stroke and can't talk or swallow, he's paralyzed on his right side. We don't know, but I don't think it will be long.

I have cried so much in the last couple of hours. I hope they are keeping him comfortable and he's not able to feel fear or pain. It's my mother I'm worried about at this point. She is very strong, though.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Hi Carla, I don't even know how I ended up reading your blog but I am so sorry for your tears and pain, and for all that your family is suddenly having to deal with. I hope that if your Daddy does move on, it is peaceful and that you and your family have beautiful memories of your time with him. Sending love your way...
Patty

Morandia said...

let me know if there is anything I can do for them - since I'm much closer....

Carla said...

Thanks, Morandia. He's in Little Rock University of Arkansas Medical Center. Don't think there's anything you can do. Thanks for offering, though.