Friday, 10 April 2009

Vigil continues

He's still hanging on. I have booked a flight for Sunday and will be back on 21st April. My sister emailed me and said there would be a funeral within the next few days. I don't know what to hope for, but it sounds like a quick end to this would be best. The doctors say it's not the leukemia but his heart that will finish him. I can't help but think they should have thought of that before and not taken him off his heart meds. If they hadn't he might not have had a stroke. But the reality and the truth of the moment is that they did what they did, and whether it was the direct cause of his situation now is immaterial.

Hope Mom is okay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thought Prayers and love are with you as you make your way to the USA. you will remain in my thoughts as always
Your mate Jane N

Robyn said...

Dear Carla,
I'm keeping you, your dad, and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers. May you find peace in this sad and difficult time.
Hugs,
Robyn

Anna Down Under said...

((((( Carla )))))

I'm so sorry I didn't see your news until today -- I've been so busy I've hardly had time to keep up with any of my favorite blogs, so when I found the time to see what's going on in your life today I was deeply saddened to read the news. Having lost my mom in 2006 and flying back home to spend the last couple of days with her, I know how difficult this time is. I found myself wondering if only they hadn't given her radiation for the breast cancer that was so minuscule they got it all in the biopsy, she would not have weakened and we might not have lost her so quickly. At the time we didn't know her heart was so weak.

It does no good to think that way. You're so right in what you've said in previous posts -- there is no death, he'll always be with you even if the body fails him. But that doesn't necessarily make it any easier on you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and know that I'm sending big hugs your way.