Monday, 3 August 2009

Taking a break from all this pick-pick-picking -- my August plan

Bad day yesterday, another big meltdown for me. I'm getting to the point where I just can't take much more of that.

I'm taking a break from all this endless reading of self-help books and constant navel-gazing.

Today, I'm returning the books I've been reading (Susan Jeffers 'Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway' and some books about crystals and chakras) and I'm not going to blog for a while.

I'm going to limit my computer use to once a day to check my hotmail. This is going to be challenging.

Any reading I do is going to be fiction--escapist fiction!

I'm going to continue doing lots of yoga and meditation and regular workouts.

I'm going to eat healthy meals.

I'm not going to write in my journal or track anything that I do (well, except the workouts. I don't think it hurts to write down what workout I do). This one is going to be hard.

In short, I'm going to try to just leave myself alone for the next 4 weeks.

Feel free to comment here, it will come through on my hotmail. xx

3 comments:

Anna Down Under said...

Sounds like a good way to tune out the outside world and just get in touch with yourself. You gotta do that from time to time. Sorry you had a bad day, but I hope the next four weeks are relaxing and rejuvenating for you.

Morandia said...

sometimes you just need to escape - even from yourself. We all need a break to keep from dwelling... Believe me, I know that one well.

Sounds like you've got a good plan.

stickbooth said...

I really thing that might be a great idea- bravo for you and try and relax. Emptiness that is key.