Saturday, 14 November 2009

Lovely day

It's been a lovely day on my own today. I made some banana bread that I saw on The Post Punk Kitchen website. I made my own version:



Banana Bread

1/2 cup each brown and white sugar
2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

3 very ripe bananas, mashed
5 Tbs vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and set aside a loaf pan. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another. Mix the wet into the dry. Pour into pan and bake for about an hour.

Let it cool completely, as it is actually better after it has aged for a bit. Or you can eat it hot, each to his own!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla, Your bread looks lovely. But I miss the other post you had yesterday. That one was thought-provoking; I especially connected with what you said in point 2. Maybe there was some melodrama over the post that I missed? I hope not. I was just curious why you took it down. I didn't have time to comment on it yesterday and was going to come back and read it again and comment today...

May you have another lovely day today...

Robyn

Carla said...

Hi Robyn. I took it down because I didn't want to cause any misunderstanding or bad feeling. It's gone forever, oh well! Glad you enjoyed it, though.

You should try the banana bread recipe. The photo I nicked from google images! I chose the one that looked most like mine, though. I've been resisting it all day because I want there to be some left when hubby gets home tonight--then we will devour it! :)