Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Wonderful break

I have been off work since 4 pm, 24th December. It has been WONDERFUL! Hubby and I have done absolutely nothing but eat and watch DVDs. We didn't exchange gifts this year, but we have been having an awesome holiday just lazing about. Make no mistake, we have done a workout each day (today's was Cathe's Kick Punch & Crunch, and man am I sore from it already!), but it's been soooo nice to just watch UK's Strongest Man and Star Wars and so on, and eat biscuit after biscuit and drink cup after cup of coffee.

When Hubby visited his parents last week, they gave us £50 each for Christmas, so you won't need three guesses to figure out what I've been doing. I ordered a tarot deck and a book about tarot! The rest of the money I hope to spend on a couple of new workouts, as soon as something catches my eye. Unless I buy something tarot-related with it first.

The deck I chose just really amused me and I had to have it.














The Housewive's Tarot

It's described as 'Far from Heaven' and 'Leave It to Beaver' meet the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck. Packaged in a retro-style recipe box, sporting red and cream gingham backs, all the cards are illustrated with graphics taken from period advertisements. It is absolutely hilarious, and gets great reviews all over the internet.

Here's the website (although it doesn't tell you much): www.housewivestarot.com

The Devil card is a chocolate cake with long, stockinged legs, holding a cigarette in one hand and a martini in the other. The Judgement card is a lady whose butt has been morphed into a rump roast standing aghast on a bathroom scale. And the Death card is a jar of out of date mayonnaise with flies on it, surrounded by rotting tomatoes. Every card I've seen online has made me laugh. Had to have it. I love all things 50s retro. I may have to have a 50s retro day when this arrives, and watch 'Pleasantville'.

I also bought a book called Pictures from the Heart: A Tarot Dictionary, which is highly recommended and contains explanations of tarot symbolism. Can't wait to see that!

No comments: